Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013


Yesterday I felt filled with dread at this new year.  All I could think of was all the trials of 2012 and how hard and long it seemed.  I muttered to myself, "Good riddance!".   Then I remembered that that is what I said as 2012 was dawning, still so sick from just being released from the hospital. 

Is this what I will say every year from now on?  Is this how my life is going to go from now on?

Not the most hopeful or cheerful of thoughts.

I had no hope for this year, truly. 

But then I woke up this morning and as I stumbled out to the living room and looked out the window at the lake I saw this...


and I felt filled with hope.  The clear skies after so many weeks of rain here in the PNW, the frost on the rooftop of my neighbor's house, the crisp air I could practically smell through the glass panes - it all contributed and the world looked fresh and washed and NEW. 

And what more could one hope for in a new year?


1 comment:

  1. What a touching, easy to relate to post. Though this was not one, I've had new years where I felt very similar, especially if the year I just slogged through was hell on the medical front. The eternal optimist in me tends to shine through though, and no matter what, I like to think there's such a sense of hope, change and possibility that comes with a fresh January, that when all is said and done, no matter what happened before, you just have to smile and believe that good things will happen this year.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your comment on my post about hair loss yesterday. It's always so sweet and touching to know when someone "delurks". I appreciate your readership and look forward to following your blog now, too.

    ReplyDelete